Monday, July 2, 2012

Recipe Name Binder Book


OK folks, we all have to admit that we do some kind of cooking, or baking. I love to bake. I also love to cook. But I live with a very picky eater. So trying new things in our home comes with much trepidation. You all know that look you get when you put something new in front of that picky eater. That facial expression that you just want to slap off their face. (I am not a violent person by nature) but don't give me that look of I just threw up in my mouth when you haven't tried the food yet. However on a good note 2 of my 3 boys love to try new things. So I found this awesome recipe binder book while reading one of many blogs I love to peruse.  So I bought one for each of my sons and am filling recipes from my mom and my own that I have adapted for them. So many times one of them will ask or call long distant to find out about a recipe they had growing up. Ta Dah this will do the trick. I plan on giving it to them for Christmas and every-time I come across a another recipe I will just send it to them in a sleeve they can slip into their book.




I love the neutral  color of the book

Love this for my family.

What it looks like open.

I found the dividers at the store and will be adding the sections for whatever the category. 

Great sleeves for you to eventually add more recipes.

My personal recipe book..that is older than the hills. Are hills old? Yep in my world they are.

This is my book that I have collected recipes for years in. It is dirty and well used.

I hate my writing

I so hate my writing!!!
However you can see I do bake by the mess on the pages.

*****
I think these would be great for a shower gift or wedding gift to the new couple. I know I would have loved one myself. Unfortunately my mother-in-law would not share any recipes with me. She called them family secrets. I have ONE recipe from her, that I begged for her to give me since it was her son's favorite dessert and I wanted to make him happy. But it was like pulling teeth, so sad. Plus it broke my heart that she refused to share any others. I will not be that kind of mother-in-law I want to share it all, after all I can't take it with me and if it brings joy to those around why not share?


The place I found these were called
www.zazzle.com/recipe+binders







               I hope you all have fun recipes to share with your                            
                              loved ones over the 4th!

                                        Have a great safe day!
                                          It's hot and in the 90's here.
                                                       Cheers
                                                          Shel! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment