Tuesday, July 24, 2012

***How Do Your Flowers Grow?***

Queen Anne's Lace
I know typical weed to many people but I love this sweet thing.
We have not had rain since? I give up.
And most of my flowers look horrid.
We have 50 some acres and we can't water everything.
I had put perennials in over the years.
Generally hardy suckers, but this drought has done them in.
But to my amazement these lovelies are popping and thriving all over our fields and yard.  


Day Lily, love the color


Purple Coneflower
One of my Fave flowers of all time


Flax
Not a huge fan but they have actually survived this weather as  well.




More
Coneflowers




Love this yellow


I believe these are called Lion's Bane
They are a weed and we are constantly pulling them out. They over
take my whole garden. They are pretty though.


Who does not love a sweet Black Eyed Susan?


Love the Orange Coneflowers
I found red this year but they are doing poorly.
Hopefully I can photograph them next year and share their wonderful color with you.


Delphiniums
Love'm 


Lamb's Ears
Soft an sweet


Mallow


Holly Hock
I so want to find Red ones


Day Lilly again


Day Lilly





We are lacking butterflies this year. I am sure it is the drought  that is keeping them away.
I have seen so few this summer, makes me sad.

Hope your week is going well.
We are suppose to get rain today so I am keeping all my
appendages crossed. From my eyes all the way down to my toes.

I have been working on Pinterest.com and Wanelo.com lately.
Check those sites out for our things.
Both are fun as all get out!

Stay Cool

Cheers,
Shel



No comments:

Post a Comment