Saturday, July 14, 2012

*** Point Reyes Beach's***


We have been experiencing hot weather here in the mid-west lately.
So I decided to look back at our vacation in Callie and try imagine the cool we felt out there.
We wore pants a lot and our jackets were with us at all times.
Here now we are living in shorts and air conditioning. 




We took the 1 up along the coast one day. You know the band Train sings about Hwy 1 on one of their albums. So for me I was trilled to know we actually took the 1.
We hit I believe around 4 or 5 different beaches.
See the little town on the right of the picture?  It was built right into the cliff.
The scenery was breath breathtakingly beautiful.
I hope if you live out there you  do not take it for granted. I know I would suck up every moment I could looking at its beauty.

Everywhere we looked was awesome.
Scary looking down but awe inspiring at the same time.
It is a photographers paradise.
I took 2 cameras with me and tons of lenses along with extra batteries.
Every night I would recharge the batteries so I was never with out.

Our son was telling us that the state parks were free to visit.
We pay a fee to enjoy our state parks here. And the fees keep going up every year. But we do a lot  of hiking so it is worth it to us. We do not have the same type if scenery here but we love our parks regardless.

I long to be there again soon!

Have a great weekend and stay cool if you are experiencing the heat like we are.

Cheers,
Shel

No comments:

Post a Comment