Friday, July 6, 2012

***From Our Front Porch***

This is what we see from our newly remodled front porch. Our little valley where the train travels through out the day.

This is off the right side of our deck looking off toward the dead end road.

Yes civilization is moving in. Two 5 acre lots went up for sale for the 2nd time in 5 years. We have been lucky the first owners never built. I don't know if I could build there since the trains can be quite loud. But to each his own.

Have you ever had ONE of those kind of neighbors in your life?
Welcome to our nightmare. It is a long story and at times very disturbing, I will share it with you someday. But not today.
Don't you love my mail box? It was my parents so it is, honest to God's truth over 45 yrs old. This year hubby added the sweet platform to the right of it for my Etsy packages.
 I have a fantastic post gal who picks up all my things for me. I treat her with gift certificates through out the year for her kindness.

A closer view of our little valley.

My sweet Mail box...thanks Hubs!

Invasion of the outside world! LOL


This is what it looked like last year. Actually to be honest it has looked like this for many years. Having a farm you are always working on projects.
Here is the front porch we just finished.

The rod iron posts went perfect with my chairs. Very pleased with the results. However I want to do something special with the deck now but It takes me a while to decide how I want it to look. So for now I am happy with what we did.

Another angle coming out of the house.

From below.


Isn't this a lovely addition. It is rod Iron. It came as a panel so we worked the whole deck around it. We bought rebar by 10-12 feet long and cut them to size. I painted them with special metal paint, it all turned out to how we imagined it would. I wanted to be able to see through the bars as we sat out in the morning or evenings. 

From off the side walk.

We have to work on the under belly of this now. But our Wisconsin heat is killing us this week. See the old step under there? Yep they are the original ones. I just cant get myself to take them out. So I have other ideas for under the deck. The left there we are going to put old wagon wheels as a rail to go down. But again to hot to be outside to long.
Yesterday was 102... crazy hot.

Thanks for taking a peek at our world.
Stay cool!
Cheers,
Shel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment