Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Point Reyes Light House

This is the amazing Point Reyes Lighthouse.
We went to on a  sunny day. Yet as we went to the top the fog came in and we could not see the  views  of the ocean that we had heard were spectacular. I thought it was amazing to walk among the fog. It reminded us when we ski in Colorado and the snow comes over the mountains. Crazy beautiful.


There are 300 some painstaking steps to get to this beauty

Going down those 300 some steps were a snap.
Going up? Not so much....
I am in decent shape and work out regularly but even this killed me.
I wish I took a pic of those dang steps.
However I was to tired to.
I laugh because I sat  half way up next to these awesome older women.  Who had actually been there many times and that was their half way point to stop.
 Gosh that is when my age hit me.
However I must say a saw little peanuts with their parents stop along the way so it took its toll on the young as well.
So there!!
(That is how I convince myself  that it was not just hard on me) My hubby an youngest stopped to support  me...yeah..what ever, you all were tired to. LOL

This is the entrance to the light house. I believe these are cedar trees. They were being bent over by the ocean winds someone told us. They stretched over the road an into the side of the mountain. You pass under these lovelies. Their forms were breathtaking. Like a piece of art.

See the fog past the trees? I so thrilled to capture it.  Beautiful. 



The view from the Lighthouse platform...... Beauteous!
(My make up word)
I used that word so many times during this trip.
 Beauteous and awesomeness.
Drove my kids crazy since I was the one over the years correcting their use of language.
(That is in the mom handbook)
But truly there are no words in my opinion to describe some of the things we experienced and saw.
*****

Thanks for checking us out!
Have a 
Beauteous Day!
Cheers
Shel

No comments:

Post a Comment