Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What can you make with yardsticks?


I don't know what I am more embarrassed about..
all the yardsticks or the wine corks.
I love me some wine!
I think that is why we spend so much time in California.
Not to visit the kids but to drink the wines!
 LOL

I love all the old an new sticks.
But esp the old ad ones.

I think I look like a stick hog now.

Yardsticks are getting harder to find lately.
Sometimes I can find a dozen or more and sometimes I can't find a
1.

Don't you love the awesome colors?

When we buy stools we generally make cowhide stools out of them.
Buy D does not like the round ones. They are def harder to work on.
So over the weekend I had a AH HA moment and thought.
1st to remake a picture frame with the yardsticks.
Then I went to our garage and found a few fun pieces that I thought would
look awesome with the sticks.
So here is the before picture and below is the after!

D was not to thrilled with this project because of the difficulty of it.
It WAS time consuming. 

But I love how it came out!
I varnished it with 5 coats of varnish and feels as if it turned out gre
Look at the cool words...love the person who
wrote Sewing Room on it!
More than likely from a school.
So sweet!

                                           

2nd project.
My son found this one day a while ago when we went thrifting.
I almost had him put it back. But I loved the wheels so I had him throw it in the cart.
So glad I did!
So this is the before and below the after.




We had to add a new board to it the original one was shot.
Would this not be a cute trivet? Or a board to put on the table and scoot around?
I just love it.

Aren't those wheels just the cutest things?



Mad about the words...Love the overall look!
                       
Love Wisconsin at the top

Hope your week is going great..
It is hump day so it should be getting better as we get closer to the weekend.

Cheers,
Shel


No comments:

Post a Comment