Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Our old seeder....a piece of art?


We have one old seeder left on the farm.

I love the look of the steel and old wood. 

It is not very pretty by any stretch.

But it is a reminder of the past.

My father actually used this seeder to plant our oats every year.

As a child I remember  loving the look of it.

As an adult I still love the look of it.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and my eye thinks it is still
a beauty.

It is the last piece of  farm equipment I have of my child hood  and I would not burn it,
give it away, or sell to the highest bidder. I want to keep it and remember the  days when I was growing up. I think it is a piece of art and I will stand by that statement.

We plan on incorporating it into the barn theme for the weddings etc.

Thanks for peeking
Cheers,
Shel


No comments:

Post a Comment