Monday, September 24, 2012

Our Dead End Road....


HAPPY MONDAY!
This way to the dead end come along with me.

This road use to go through to the other side about a mile or so, it crossed 2 rivers. Trees hung over like a blanket when you drove or rode on it.
One day the bridge collapsed and the county
decided to not fix it.
There went our social life.
We use to ride our horses over the 2 bridges and visit our
friends. Once the bridge went out we had to be driven
over to our friends homes. It was a sad day in our house.


I love this sign so much.
It has been on this land since I moved here with
my parents when I was 3.
I am sure it has changed up but I always
remember trying to hit it with stones.
And every time we road our horse I made sure I touched it
walking by.

It is such a sad road these days. Not much traffic
maybe one or two cars a day venture on it.
An those two cars are D's and the man at the end of the road.


The RR sign is planted right on the out skirt of our field

This is coming back from down below.


I love these walks in the morning the best.
But lately the evenings have been a blast with the sweet sunsets we have been having, a sure sign of fall is in the air.

Hope you have wonderful places to walk that bring you peace whether it be in the city, around your block
or a long country road, walking is a good thing.
Esp with a broken toe. I speak from experience on that subject!

Cheers,
♥ Shel




No comments:

Post a Comment