Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Have You Ever Made a Banner for Your Store or Blog?


Have you ever made a banner?
I started to learn more about it when I opened my 2nd Etsy store.
I hated the way I made my 1st one. 
I printed my name off the printer and laid it across my rug and took a picture.
Can you say tacky? 
Yep it was very icky and cheap looking. But it was all I knew at the time.
To be honest I had no clue what a banner was much less how to make one.
So I went to the Etsy forum and read what other people had used. But I still had no clue what to do
sooooo....I just goggled a simple question and Boom there was the easiest  way to make a banner.
Below are a few I putzed with and in the end I choose 4 that I liked and added.
I used Gimp. It is free and everyone knows free is good. I followed a gal's 2-3 min description on how to do it on You Tube and bang in less than 10 mins I made a awesome banner.
The You Tube Video I watched was:
Fast and simple etsy shop banner using Gimp.
Yep just type that in and make one of your own.
Easy Peasy!!




This is from my blanket store name

Wanted to incorporate the barn

Blanket store again 

This is for my new store on Etsy.
I took a picture of my rock wall one morning and thought ummmm.
I think it turned out great.

This is the banner I did for my mother store.
It is the top of our silo next to the barn.

This is my son's store.
That was my old bike leaning up against my machine shed.
That bike is over 40 yrs old.

This was for my blanket store as well.
Oddly I cannot find the banner I ended up with.
But you get the drift.

Now go off an play to make a banner for your awesome blog or Etsy store. I plan on playing more with the banners when the seasons change etc.

Now I need to know more about how to make my blog more appealing and worth coming to see.

Have a great rest of the week.

Cheers
Shel



No comments:

Post a Comment