Thursday, June 21, 2012

Recent Etsy Items an chalkboard LOVE...

Recent Etsy additions to my store.
Chalkboard Clip Board



I just finished a bunch of these clipboard chalkboards yesterday in our 90 degree weather here. To say the least they dried quickly.
***
I  LOVE these  little guys. I think they would be fun in a smaller space in a home. Or how cute to leave little messages at the entry way coming home in the evening or leaving in the morning nice way to start or finish your day.
***
My chalkboard obsession began in my home with my pantry door. I searched high an low for different types of pantry doors on the market. An YUCK comes to mind. I wanted unique and fun.  So when we gutted our 180 yr farm house we tried to reuse a lot of the things that were in it...like this awesome door that use to be in one of the 5 bedrooms up stairs. You should have seen my hubs reaction when I suggested it. You know that look of
"Are you insane"?
U'all know what I'm talking about.




After I finished it, he loved it. He proudly shows people who visit. I just roll my eyes and chuckle to myself.

***
As you can see I cram as much as I can on each panel.
Don't check my spelling for mistakes because half the time I am talking to someone as I write away on the panel.


So that is where my Chalkboard love began!
***
After that I started making chalkboards out of vintage frames that I had sitting around the farm for-ever. I started to sell the frames off, then decided one day to just make a few of these lovelies for my house. People loved them and suggested I sell them.
I have smart people around me, they actually have been selling pretty well.






Isn't this a fun piece? The detail is amazing and I really hesitated on selling it because I love it. We believe it is from the 40's or 50's.





Hangers Hangers and more Hangers.
The top ones are 9" long in various woods.
***
I have had customers send me pictures on how they use them. Latest ones sold were used for posters that another etsy sellar sells on etsy. She always makes mention about my store. That is real networking.
Another customer uses them in her studio, she is a photographer and does the same thing. I love the Etsy community.

***
Gotta run friends!




Cheers,
Shel

No comments:

Post a Comment