Saturday, June 23, 2012

Our Barn

Our Barn

 


                      I am madly in love with our barn. I have HUGE plans for this beautious red building .
 (Not sure if beautious is a word or not, if not, then it should be).
                                                 ***
We are considering making it a wedding venue...and VRBO. Weddings on the far left and VRBO on the right where you see the windows. When we decide on doing it I will be documenting the whole process. We just had the barn leveled and the cost was nuts. So we can imagine what the whole project will cost. My head hurts adding the numbers up before we even start.





Right now we use it as storage. Actually 3 generations worth of things are stored in this lovely building. I will be showing you the inside soon. Crazy sweet inside. We are going to be cleaning this summer then I will feel it is photo ready to share.



Here is the back of the barn, we want to put a 12 foot deck off the back with patio doors an huge windows overlooking our Christmas trees. Yes we grow Christmas trees on our farm. I have fun pictures coming your way on that.





I love silo's to, recently I was reading a article about them disappearing around the U.S. since farmers do not use them the way they did in the past. I began to  notice that it was true when we travel you see less and less of them standing. So sad since they are wonderful structures.
                                                     ***
The bottle art structure hubby did for me. It is welded rebar and blue bottles that I pick up when I find them. It is sturdy, we live on top of a huge hill with some major winds. It has survived our cold and snowy winter winds as well. 
                                                      ***
I draw and design things I want done around the farm and he just magically makes it happen. Love that man! The little wooden structure below he did for me because I wanted a path to the back of the barn. It was a major mess when I started but I am whipping it into shape.





This is a new hosta garden I am working on. It is a work in progress but it is coming along. I will show you more pictures of it soon.
I want to start taking pictures of barns as we travel. Old ones not the super cool, sweet, cost to much money ones but the old dated ones in weird shapes, colors and sizes. Wisconsin is lucky to have fantastic farms to photograph. When we were in Calif I was amazed when we went to an area along the ocean how many old barns there were.


                                                    HAVE
                                                         A
                                                   GREAT
                                                WEEKEND

                                                 CHEERS,
                                                   SHEL

No comments:

Post a Comment