Thursday, August 30, 2012

Four Generations of Crap In the Barn





                                              
               Are you all ready to see some mess?
Me neither but it has to be done and done it will be if we want to get this VRBO/Wedding barn going.
We have dates because of so many things coming up in Wisconsin in the next few years. Plus we want to do this for retirement so it has to begin.








This is what 4 generations of crap looks like.
My parents left this for D and I to clean up.
 Can you say thank you? Mom and Dad. They had fallen ill before they even got a chance to start the clean up. So it fell upon us. You have no clue how many times I opened and closed that barn door because I just could not face it.


This is to the right of the barn where we are going to put our VRBO
Isn't it apealing?
Don't u just want to sleep here?
Phew...


I call showing all these pictures  a cleansing for me.
You can't address it unless you see it for what it is.


The upper loft is there where we are putting beds..again how cozy!!!! It has tons of old old hay there and gawd knows what other creatures or things live up there.
Ugh


I have lived here 5 years..my parents lived here 45 years.
We needed to clean the house and gut it to live in it. So guess where it all went? 
Yep into the barn, it was added stuff that was already in the barn from past generations of stuff. 
Then you have kids moving in an out and leaving their things in here over the years.
So it is stuff upon stuff upon 
MORE STUFF!


Have you ever gotten to a point where you have cleaned something so many times you just stop?
She raises hands jumping up and down screaming
"ME, ME ME"
I have to confess that it has been 5 years and I have tried. 
I really have. But then I come across something of my parents, I fall apart and I have to leave. I close the door and pretend it is clean in my mind.
However I have decided that I want this as a wedding venue and a vrbo an I have to get stronger and just do it.


This is some of the things from the inside on the lawn.
Lovely isnt it?


My youngest son gets credit for doing this, he did it 
all by himself I helped a little. An I mean a little. Every time I went out to help he yelled. So I left him alone. I come to find out later he was grieving for his grandparents who he was VERY close to. He cried and threw things and yelled out loud (at me at times). But in the end he was good!




After cleaning the whole right side out he began the daunting task of going to the top of the loft and started to throw the crappy hay down to the open space. We believe the hay was over 40 years old.
Ughhhh...
If you have ever taken care of ill parents you will understand that your energy goes to ALL of that and everything else JUST does not matter. You just want what precious time left to spend with those people you dearly love. And you selfishly want them to live 4-ever.
At least that is what I wanted!
So everything else went on the back burner.
With no regrets.


Here is that sweet sweet boy!


He worked over 8 hours on this side alone.
Bless his skinny boney butt!


This is the next phase...ughhh


Some of the hay!




We are going to put this on the field.


I am standing on a huge desk taking these few next pictures.


I ignore the look and just visualize the VRBO.
In my head it looks awesome!














If u are following this blog you will see the transformation of this barn.
SO thanks for checking us out and keep coming back and seeing our progress
slow maybe at times but we have a 2-3 yr plan and we are going to do it.

Thanks
Cheers
Shel

No comments:

Post a Comment