Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Fur Shop

 
I have another store on Etsy called
Redefinea2ndtime
We sell vintage items that we redo into other functional items.
One of the items we do a lot of are old vintage stools.
We buy the stools and add brazilian cowhide to them.
We had gotten a sweet e-mail from a lovely gal named Catherine from Elements UnLeashed in Neenah Wisconsin.
She wanted to buy some stools for her store.
We agreed to meet on a  Freezing Sat morning.
Not being a fur person I was not sure what to expect but I was  pleasantly surprised.
 
 
 
1st off Catherine was cute as a button and a gracious lovely gal. She was a nurse for years then decided to change her career. She came up with the idea when she came across her mothers beautiful furs she had stored.
You can read more about her store and story here
www.elementsunleashed.com
It is worth the read.

The store is small from the outside.
However!!!!

 

The inside was surprising large and so beautiful.
 

There was so much eye candy to take in.
So many wonderful pieces from boots to vests, suede,leather, fur items.

These 2 were so breathtaking!

Huge variety to pick from!

That is my purse/carry on case when I fly...
And I love it to pieces...Catherine wanted to buy it off me but I will not part with that sweet thing.




I had not been a fur store since I was a child.
My grandmother had stacks of furs.
She was a bit of a fashionista of her time.
I remember going in the spring with her to a fur vault in Milwaukee to store her furs. So this place brought back wonderful memories for me!
If you have a chance check Catherine out and tell her you found her through me.
I have more to share about my visit with Catherine in future posts.


Have a great day!
It is sunny here today so my day will be awesome!
Cheers,
Shel ♥











No comments:

Post a Comment