Friday, February 17, 2012

We live on a 50 acre farm and are blessed to have all types of animals visiting us through out the year. I will be sharing some of the visitors we have had. These were our latest guests.


Guess who's coming to dinner?

Not just one but 5...
You only see 2 but behind those large  pines were 3 more.

Yes this is what we saw one evening. I was sitting at my desk, looked up after seeing some movement in the yard lo an behold there were turkeys all over my bird feeders...I slowly backed away from my desk, grabbed my trusty Nikon an crawled, yes I said crawled on my stomach to the window and started taking pictures of these Divine creatures. Huge would be a understatement, they are unbelievably massive birds. We are lucky to have them all year round but only a few times a year they come that close to the house. In the spring when the windows are open they wake us up with their calls. I love it. 
 And boy do those male birds do a mean dirty dance around the girlies, who basically ignore them, playing hard to get.
A trait in all women and species. LOL

Have a good one...
It's TGIF so have a great weekend
Cheers
Shel

No comments:

Post a Comment